[nvo3] Geneve & IOAM (was RE: Gentle reminder, please send your slot request in this week//RE: Call for agenda items in Bangkok)
Frank Brockners (fbrockne)
2018-10-25 14:38:15 UTC
Could you reserve a brief slot (7-10min) for reviewing IOAM I-Ds which are related to Geneve to the agenda?

The key focus would be draft-brockners-ippm-ioam-geneve-01 (Geneve encapsulation for In-situ OAM Data) – which asks for a Geneve option class code point to carry IOAM data fields within the Geneve header. We would also like to briefly review draft-weis-ippm-ioam-eth-00 (Ethernet Encapsulation for In-situ OAM Data), which offers another way to carry IOAM data fields alongside the Geneve header.

The authors of the two drafts would appreciate your thoughts even prior to the meeting. Cc’ing IPPM WG as well, to keep everyone in the loop.

Thanks much, Frank